Samsung has updated its Note series to the 20 series. By tradition, these are two devices: the standard 20 and the Ultra version. The Ultra version is larger and looks slightly different. In this article, I will review Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra.
- SCREEN: Dynamic AMOLED 2x 6.9”, 3,088 x 1,440px WQHD + 496 dpi, 120 Hz, HDR10 +
- CPU: Samsung Exynos 990
- RAM: 12 GB RAM LPDDR5
- STORAGE: 256/512 GB (with MicroSD)
- FRONTAL CAMERA: 10 MP (1 / 3.24”, 1.22 µm), AF, f / 2.2
- REAR CAMERAS: 12MP ultra wide angle, F 2.2, 1.4um pixel size, 108MP wide angle, F 1.8, pixel size 0.8μm, OIS (Optical Image Stabilization), 12 MP – telephoto (5X), F 3.0, pixel size -1.0 µm, OIS.
- Depth sensor: Laser AF
- CONNECTIVITY: 5G (NSA and SA), Sub6 / mmWave, Wi-Fi 802.11 a / b / g / n / ac / ax 2.4G + 5GHz, HE80, MIMO, 1024-QAM, Bluetooth 5.0, ANT +, NFC, GPS, Galileo, Glonass, BeiDou.
- BATTERY: 4,500 mAh 25W
- BIOMETRICS: Ultrasonic fingerprint reader and security processor
- SOFTWARE: Android 10 + One UI
- DIMENSIONS AND WEIGHT: 77.2 x 164.8 x 8.1 mm, 208 g
- Dust/water resistant: IP68 (implies the possibility of immersion under clean water to a depth of 1.5 meters for up to 30 minutes).
- OTHERS: Stereo speakers with Dolby Atmos decoding, IP68, S Pen
The color of Samsung galaxy note 20 ultra is Mystic Bronze, Mystic Black and Mystic White. But the main innovation is not even the color, but the matte surface. This is the best solution for a smartphone, apart from brushed metal. And all because no prints remain on it, it is always pleasant to the touch.
Externally, the smartphone has become more noticeable compared to last year’s Note 10 and even the S20 Ultra. The block with cameras has become even larger and protrudes, accordingly, even more. This is a cool and fashionable solution.
It has a 6.9-inch screen, which is the largest screen in a Samsung smartphone to date. But due to the fact that the corners of the screen are bent towards the back surface, it is still comfortable to hold it in your hands.
The matrix is AMOLED, the resolution is 3088 × 1440, and the refresh rate is 120 Hz. It is incredibly bright and can handle even direct sunlight. Colors, endless contrast – everything is at the highest level.
The smartphone can shoot video in 8K, 24 fps. With control over all settings and even aspect ratio presets for a more cinematic effect.
Everything is very good with the photo part. This is a flagship smartphone, and you get excellent results as expected. True, shooting at 108 megapixels feels like overkill. Most likely, you will not need so much information from one frame, but the smartphone takes such a photo longer than in normal mode.
It has the fastest memory, 12 RAM – LPDDR 5, built-in – UFC 3.1. Thanks to this, applications open quickly, downloading content or transferring it inside the smartphone is lightning fast.
The Galaxy Note20 Ultra communications are as relevant as possible: USB 3.2, Bluetooth 5, WiFi 6 (these are all the latest generation standards), and Samsung Pay with support for NFC and MST technologies. Runs on Android 10 with One UI 2.5.
Galaxy Note 20 Ultra is no doubt the best Samsung has done to date. This is the heaviest luxury in the smartphone world. It still has no competitors in terms of form factor. But its professional functions work with a lot of conventions. And if you want to get the best that the market offer, you should buy Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra. Today, the Note series remains a status product. With great design and features. I call it the best smartphone on the market.