Purchase here: https://amzn.to/381FhXh
The first Fire TV Cube from Amazon was three products in one: a Fire TV streaming device, an Alexa smart speaker, and a universal remote for other devices connected to your TV. The built-in microphones allowed the Cube to be used entirely hands-free through voice commands. It could also control cable boxes, soundbars, and A/V receivers with the help of built-in IR blasters. However, the largest drawback was that it lacked Dolby Vision HDR, while the firestick 4K did have Dolby Vision for less money.
So, 2019 brought us a new Fire TV Cube having Dolby Vision, a more powerful processor, and faster response times. Amazon is trying to lessen the Cube’s dependence on the cloud, with a new “local voice control” feature that processes basic commands on the device itself. This feature is designed to speed things up. The Fire TV Cube can also control your home theater components and dim the smart lights when you sit down for movie night, all with just your voice.
From Amazon: Fire TV Cube lets you put down the remote and dive straight into your favorite movies and TV shows with the sound of your voice. From across the room, just say, “Alexa, play ‘Westworld’ on HBO,“ and Alexa will respond to your request.
- The fastest, most powerful Fire TV.
- From across the room, just ask Alexa to turn on the TV, dim the lights, and play your show.
- Control compatible soundbar and A/V receiver, and change live cable or satellite channels with your voice.
- With the built-in speaker, ask Alexa to check the weather, turn off the lights, and more – even when the TV is off.
- Instant access to 4K Ultra HD content, plus support for Dolby Vision and HDR, HDR10+.
- Watch favorites from Netflix, YouTube, Prime Video, Disney+, Apple TV+, HBO, and more. Stream for free with Pluto TV, IMDb TV, and more.
- Designed to protect your privacy – Built with privacy protections and controls, including a microphone off button that electronically disconnects the microphones.
- With Prime, watch TV episodes and movies such as “Hanna”.
- Use the power and volume buttons on your Alexa Voice Remote to control your TV without making a sound.
- Live Q&A with culinary expert and more with a 1-year complimentary Food Network Kitchen subscription.