The new MacBook Air is one of the first computers to feature the new Apple Silicon processors M1. The change represents a beastly increase in power, speed, and battery life.
In the new MacBook Air you can open all applications at once -literally- in tenths of a second and jump from one to another without any delay. Its battery is capable of supporting 18 hours of video playback without pause and 15 hours of Internet browsing.
All these features, together with its ultra-portable character (it only weighs 1.29 kilos). Apple makes this MacBook Air an amazing computer, perhaps the first in a decade to truly deliver something revolutionary.
It is an ultra-powerful machine, ultra-quiet, ultra-portable, and has a battery life never seen before. It also has other very interesting new features, such as being able to install iPhone or iPad apps on it and use them in the same way as on these devices.
Specs MacBook Air (2020)
- Available colors: Space gray, silver, or gold
- Dimensions: Height: 0.41 cm closed and 1.61 cm open, Width: 12 inches, Depth: 21.24 cm
- Weight: 1.29 kg
- Screen: 13.3-inch LED-backlit IPS panel
- Resolution: 1,680 x 1,050, 1,440 x 900, 1,024 x 640
- Brightness: 400 nits
- Processor: M1 chip with 7 or 8-core GPU
- Internal memory: 256GB, 512GB, 1TB, or 2TB SSD
- RAM: 8GB or 16GB
- Ports: 3.5mm jack for audio, Two Thunderbolt 3, USB 4 compatible with charging, DisplayPort,
- Biometric sensors: The touch ID
- Camera: 720p HD front
- Autonomy: 15 hours of WiFi browsing, 18 hours of video playback
- Connectivity: WiFi 802.11 ax 6th generation, Bluetooth 5.0
The MacBook Air is ultra-powerful
The MacBook Air with the M1 processor is a computer with which you can do things that you have never been able to do. For example, you can open all the applications in the dock in a single file and see that they appear instantly on the screen, without any delay.
You can edit a 4K video by adding effects with Final Cut Pro with amazing ease.
Apple ensures that the new processor is 3.5 times more powerful than the MacBook Air that was introduced last March. Regarding graphics, the M1 chip provides 5 times more graphics power than the graphics processor mounted on the previous generation computer.